2.28.2013

Beginnings


Hello there internet creatures, I'm Amie. This is my blog. I'm 22 and from Melbourne, a graduate of Media & Communications and a keen seamstress. I like dresses from the 1970s, photographs of outer space, changing my hair a lot and, of course, sewing. I've been sewing since I was 11 or 12, making dresses for my Barbies and soft toy bears from scraps of my own clothes. More than anything I love to make things. In the construction and deconstruction of things I find out more about how things work and how they come together and each time I make a little more sense of the world.

I used to make dresses with heart cut outs at the back under Amourette by Amie Mai and previously blog at Heartbeats, Intimidation (which was quickly taken over by health bloggers/bots! hahaha) but I thought I'd start something new to show my passion for needle and thread. 

For my New Year's Resolution I decided to set myself a challenge to buy nothing new in 2013 (with exceptions to fabric and essentials like underwear). I wanted to encourage myself to THINK, SPEND and SAVE smart and to encourage myself to CREATE more. With an overflowing wardrobe and fabric trunk bursting at the seams, I want to teach myself to waste not and want not. 

Have you ever looked into your wardrobe and thought you had 'nothing to wear' only to dig deep and find something you forgot you had? It's quite a privileged scenario and I'm ashamed to say that this has been me many times.  

Hopefully with my new mindset I will keep extending the life out of the generous wardrobe I already have and inspire others to save their pockets and their eco-impact!






x Amie


No comments: